Don’t Let Ants Invade Your Home
Ants aren’t the easiest pests to control. You might see only a few here and there, but most colonies contain thousands of individuals. If you see a even few ants in your home, it’s time to schedule an inspection with a pest control company. Only a professional will be able to identify the type and source of the infestation and remove the ants for good.
Ants Are Never a Good Sign
Although ants aren’t as destructive or harmful as some other pests, they can still be a huge nuisance to your family. Each colony has thousands of mouths to feed, which means ants will try their best to get into your food. Certain types of ants, like carpenter ants, can even burrow through wood and cause damage to the structure of your home. It’s always best to take care of an ant problem quickly before their numbers grow.
Common Signs of an Ant Infestation
The best way to take care of an ant infestation is to catch it early. Here are a few signs that ants have invaded your home:
- Pathways – Much like a hiking trail through the woods, ants follow pheromone trails to get to the food. If you see several ants all following the same path, there’s a good chance a nest is nearby.
- Nests – Ants nest in different materials, depending on the species. Most nest in soil, but some species can also build nests in wood. Keep an eye out for large groups of ants on any wooden surfaces or on the ground near your home.
- Wood Shavings – Carpenter ants, among a few other species, build nests in wood. When digging through the wood to make their tunnels, they’ll leave small wood shavings behind. If you see random wood shavings on the ground or on a windowsill where they shouldn’t be, it could be a sign of an ant infestation.
- Workers – Colonies often send lone workers out into the world to forage for food. Even if you see just one ant without a trail or pathway, it’s very likely that more are nearby and, if the forager makes it back to the nest, that more are on the way.
The Ant Removal Process
The pest removal process can vary depending on the type of ant and the location of the infestation. That’s why at Bug Mechanic, we use safe, effective, and proven techniques to remove ants at the source:
- A professional pest control expert will inspect your property to identify the source of the infestation and the type of ant in question.
- We’ll create a customized pest control solution to eliminate the problem safely and effectively, typically using either a bait, liquid, or granular product.
- Following the service, we’ll discuss prevention techniques to help you avoid the problem in the future.
Trust the Experts for All Your Ant Control Needs
Ant infestations are notoriously difficult to remove. Not only does each nest contain thousands of individuals, but they can be hidden anywhere around your property. If notice any signs of ants around your home, contact the experts at Bug Mechanic. We use safe, effective, and proven techniques to eliminate ant nests based on over 38 years of industry experience. Don’t let ants take over your home. Trust Bug Mechanic to take care of your ant problem today.