Don’t Let Rodents Take Over Your Home
It takes only a few rodents to cause a huge problem for your family. Not only are they highly destructive, but they’re also very difficult to catch. It takes a trained eye with years of experience to stop a rodent infestation quickly and efficiently. Whether you have rats, mice, or any other type of rodent, contact a professional pest control company immediately upon discovering any signs of an infestation.
Common Signs of Rodents
Some types of rodents are small and can live virtually undetected in your house, especially mice and rats. That’s why it’s important to keep a sharp eye out for some of the common signs of rodents:
- Hunting or stalking behavior from your pets
- Sounds of scurrying on your floors or in the walls
- Damaged or ripped food packaging
- Gnaw marks on furniture
- Bad or musky odors
- Holes in walls or floors
What Makes Rodent Infestations Dangerous?
Rodent infestations are a serious matter. They’re some of the most destructive and harmful pests you can have in your home. Here are some of the dangers of living with rodents:
- Property Damage – Rodents nest in insulation, gnaw on wires, and chew through your walls. Given enough time, they can cause hundreds if not thousands in property damage.
- Transit Disease – Everywhere mice and rats go, they leave traces of urine and droppings. Both of which can carry diseases and bacteria that could be harmful to you and your family.
- Fleas and Ticks – Rodents carry fleas and ticks, and when they come into your house, the fleas and ticks come with them.
- Destroy Food Stock – Rats and mice like to eat. Specifically, they like to eat your food. Rodents can find your food stores and gnaw their way into your dried goods, leaving a big mess and a loss of food.
How to Prevent Rodent Problems
If you discover any signs that rodents are living in your home, like the pitter-patter of little feet at night, it’s likely rats. Often the sound is coming from the attic. It’s important to call a professional pest control company like Bug Mechanic right away. We’ll come to your house and eliminate the problem using proven methods:
- Perform a thorough inspection of both the interior and exterior of your home to find any signs of rodents.
- Identify the species and number of rodents living in your home.
- Create a customized strategy to remove the rodents using bait, traps, and other methods that are safe for your family, children, and pets.
After the elimination of the rats, we can explain ways to keep them out of the home permanently in the future.
Trust the Rodent Pest Control Experts
If you have rodents, time is of the essence. The faster you can remove them, the safer it’ll be for your family. At Bug Mechanic, we have over 38 years of experience identifying and removing pests in homes all over the Los Angeles area. Let our experienced professionals take care of your mice, rat, and rodent problems for good, so you and your family can enjoy more peace of mind. Protect your family from rodents and contact the experts at Bug Mechanic today.